Personal Data Protection Policy
During its business, Graine de Vie collects and processes personal data in order to provide information and services to its contributors and partners.
Graine de Vie, which operates in Belgium and internationally, undertakes to comply with the legislation and regulations in force concerning the protection of personal data, in particular
– the EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the (of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (GDPR);
Thus, in accordance with the regulations in force, the data controller undertakes to process the personal data of its users in a fair, lawful and transparent manner for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes.
Personal data, hereinafter “Personal Data”, are defined according to Article 4 1§ of the GDPR as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
A processing of personal data, hereinafter “Processing” is defined according to Article 4 §2 of the GDPR, as any operation or set of operations carried out by means of automated processes and applied to data or sets of data such as the collection, recording, storage, consultation, use.
The User is designated, within the meaning of Article 4 1) of the GDPR, as a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, an online identifier.
- Who is responsible for processing the data collected?
Graine de Vie acts as the data controller in the collection and processing of personal data.
The registered office of Graine de Vie, ASBL, is located at Grand Place 28, 7070 Le Roeulx, Belgium. The company is registered under the number BCE 0811.750.042.
As the data controller, Graine de Vie ensures a high level of protection for the Personal Data of the persons concerned at all stages of processing (collection, storage, destruction, etc.).
- What data is collected and for what purpose?
During your interactions with Graine de Vie and as a User, you may be asked to communicate information about yourself. In accordance with the principle of minimization and protection of privacy by default, only the data necessary to achieve the following purposes are collected:
Data that you provide directly:
– Data relating to civil status, i.e., surname, first name, telephone number, e-mail and postcode in order to benefit from communications sent by Graine de Vie;
– Professional data necessary to respond to a job offer, such as CV, qualifications, career path and diplomas obtained may be collected.
– Any other information that you wish to bring to the attention of Graine de Vie
Data that we collect during our relationship:
– Data relating to the personal space, i.e., the identifiers and encrypted passwords allowing connection to the personal space.
– Financial transaction data, in the context of a payment and to fulfil contractual obligations, encrypted information relating to the means of payment as well as the data necessary for your donation may be collected.
– Communication data, i.e. email address when subscribing to a newsletter.
Data that we collect automatically:
– Browsing data and in particular the cookies collected automatically, whether they are technical cookies necessary for browsing the website, statistical cookies, and based on consent of advertising cookies or those necessary for redirection to our social networks.
- For what purposes and on what legal basis?
In accordance with the principle of data minimization laid down in Article 5 c) of the GDPR, only the data necessary to achieve the objectives previously set are collected. Thus, the processing of personal data is established for the following purposes:
– Subscription to the newsletter, monitoring of Graine de Vie news and information on environmental issues, based on the User’s consent
– Creation of a personalized space on the www.grainedevie.org website for fundraising purposes
– Consultation of job offers to carry out pre-contractual measures
Your participation is anonymous. If you consent, you have the option of making your donation public.
- How long will the data be kept?
According to Article 5 d) of the GDPR, personal data collected and processed for the above-mentioned purposes are kept for a limited period and strictly necessary for the fulfilment of the intended purposes.
|Purposes Retention period
Identification data Information and prospecting
Operation and access of the personal account on the site
3 years from the last contact with the User
|Application for a job offer
|2 years from the last contact with the applicant
|Financial transaction data and contact details
|Performance of contractual obligations and login to the personalised area
|Lifetime of the contract plus the applicable limitation period
|Collection of cookies when browsing the website
|13 months from collection
- What kind of measures are taken to protect the security, integrity, and confidentiality of data?
Graine de Vie undertakes to take all technical and organisational measures to ensure the protection and security of Personal Data, against any loss, alteration, distribution or illegal use.
Graine de Vie ensures that such measures are in place for all operations carried out in the context of its processing, and during the collection of Personal Data, their storage and their hosting.
In this respect, Graine de Vie also ensures that the third parties it may call upon (technical service providers, suppliers, etc.) respect this requirement to protect the User’s Personal Data by implementing appropriate measures, in accordance with the GDPR. The technical and organizational measures implemented may include the use of secure registration forms, encryption and/or restricted access to Personal Data.
Graine de Vie invites you to be very careful when communicating your Personal Data to third parties, as well as your personal identifiers and passwords allowing access to the site and the application.
Certain messages or solicitations received may come from ill-intentioned persons seeking to obtain personal information concerning the User for fraudulent use (phishing). If the User receives a message that appears to be a phishing attempt, the User is advised not to respond to it and not to open any attachments, images or links contained in the message.
- Who do we use as subcontractors?
During its activities, Graine de Vie may call upon subcontractors for whom it undertakes to maintain an adequate level of protection.
Furthermore, all transfers of personal data to subcontractors located outside the European Union are regulated and present all appropriate guarantees, in particular by means of the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses which ensure an adequate level of protection and the protection of your fundamental rights.
- What are the User’s rights?
You have a right of access, rectification and opposition as well as erasure and portability when your data has been collected on the basis of consent and/or in the performance of a contractual obligation.
To do so, you must send your request, proving your identity (surname, first name, personalised identifier) and send it to the following postal address Graine de Vie Grand’Place 28, 7070 Le Roeulx Belgium or via email@example.com
In the event of a dispute, the person concerned has the right to make a request directly to the competent control authority.
A cookie is a small computer file that is deposited and read when you visit a website or a mobile application, regardless of the type of terminal used (telephone, computer, tablet, etc.).
Its purpose is to collect information relating to your browsing and to send you tailored content. Only the sender of a cookie is likely to read the information contained in it, for the duration of its validity
The deposit of non-purely technical cookies is subject to your consent. In order to manage the cookies as closely as possible to your wishes, we invite you to take into account the purpose of the cookies, specified below, when setting the parameters.
– Purely technical and necessary for the operation of the site: these cookies enable the site to function optimally and securely. They also allow us to remember some of your choices when you so desire.
– Social networks: to check whether you are connected to third-party services (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn);
– Targeting: to allow us to target (emailing, database enrichment) a posteriori or in real time the Internet user who navigates on our Site;
– Audience measurement: to monitor statistical data on the use of the Site (i.e., the use made of the Site by users and to improve the services of the Site) and to help us measure and study the effectiveness of our online interactive content, features, advertising, and other communications.
Through these cookies, these third parties may collect and use your browsing data for their own purposes in accordance with their privacy policies.
You may withdraw your consent at any time for the deposit of cookies during your browsing on our Site.